Lani's Random Reef Photography

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great photos Lalani! It's great to read from others that they have an understanding of how certain lighting effects your subject. Compositions are well done and I like seeing that they aren't heavily post processed. Colors show true to how I think I would see what you photograph. Definitely shows that you have an understanding of your camera, it's settings, and photography in general. :wink:

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great photos Lalani! It's great to read from others that they have an understanding of how certain lighting effects your subject. Compositions are well done and I like seeing that they aren't heavily post processed. Colors show true to how I think I would see what you photograph. Definitely shows that you have an understanding of your camera, it's settings, and photography in general. :wink:
Thanks, it has taken a lot of practice! The little bit of post processing I do is only used to ensure the photos look true to life. :)

What awesome photos..feeling inspired :)
Nice! Take some pics and show us! :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic shots. Is the first one a Paguritta crab?

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it is! I'm holding an astreopora colony with 3 of the crabs for a friend, but then she bought me another larger colony with 5 of the crabs. They are interesting little guys!

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I agree they are awesome filter feeders. I see them in Porites often, especially in Xmas-tree rocks.

dgwyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing work! Are you taking most of these from the top? I have a bow front tank so my shots from outside the tank are not very good. I'd love to know more about your techniques.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best pictures I've ever seen. Magazine quality for sure

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely STUNNING pictures Kim, you are certainly an inspiration to many here on the Forum. And just the incentive I need to drag my DSLR Camera and Macro lens back out again. Should probably clean the acrylic off first though, getting ready to build my new tank so have slacked off a bit lately on this chore.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It really means a lot. :)

Amazing work! Are you taking most of these from the top? I have a bow front tank so my shots from outside the tank are not very good. I'd love to know more about your techniques.
Some are top-down, but most are taken through the front of the tank. My tank is a standard, so no bowing to contend with. In your case, a top-down box would give you the clearest shots!

Best pictures I've ever seen. Magazine quality for sure
Haha, I wish! Thanks though :p

Absolutely STUNNING pictures Kim, you are certainly an inspiration to many here on the Forum. And just the incentive I need to drag my DSLR Camera and Macro lens back out again. Should probably clean the acrylic off first though, getting ready to build my new tank so have slacked off a bit lately on this chore.

Cheers, Todd
Thank you very much, Todd! I'm always glad to hear my photos have inspired someone to do more photography. I'll try to take/post more whenever I get some free time.

I'm always willing to answer any questions you guys might have!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back