Large backpiece Tattoo in process - anyone else have one?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sikryd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks Everyone!

Its getting there....just a LOT of seat time. I didn't mind it too much till the lower back. Plus with the deep color he has to go over it 3-4x's. By the 3rd pass I am about ready to pass out, by the forth I am just holding on! Its like getting a tattoo over the WORST sunburn you have EVER had.

It's turning out pretty much like I designed it. I'll have to see about adding some more contrast in between the HD shield w/tears and the Phoenix. And color in the stupid feet of the Phoenix. They look gay to me colored in like that. I'll have him blend the lines in a little better this next time out. I forgot during this sitting.
 
how far you away from getting it completely done bro?

Ed - I'm thinking 2 more sittings ~10 hours. W more skulls on the right, then highlight work throughout, coloring in the old tat to match, and some background to bring the bottom all together.
At least that is what I am thinking. I'm going to talk to Tom and see what he suggests for the bottom and around the skulls and stuff.
Whatever it is, isn't going to be as much deep color and black like the shield!!!!!!! If it is, I'm going to have to cut it back to 2hr. sessions - that last one wiped me out after a couple hours, let alone 5. He said 90% get up after 2 and decide to just come back. I can see why now.

My next appt is Dec. 4th, then a couple extra free hours between Xmas and New Years. (He hooks his big piece clients up then). So I figure it should be finished around the New Year.
 
Here's mine. Bad phone pic. Total of 26 hours in 4 sessions. It's further up on the shoulders than it looks. The pic was taken at a downward angle.
tat.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new