OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he keeps looking bad, you may need to QT (or put him in an acclimation box) just to provide some R&R away from the other fish.

There's something about a sick/hurt fish that other fish just can't resist. Its like a "kill instinct" they have to finish the sick/hurt fish off.
I'll watch him close. This morning when lights came on. All fish came to glass. For food. Wrasse seems less skittish already. Since the purple tang was moved. The injury dose not seem better or worse today

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll watch him close. This morning when lights came on. All fish came to glass. For food. Wrasse seems less skittish already. Since the purple tang was moved. The injury dose not seem better or worse today

Keep a close eye on it (for infection).

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse are usually too elusive for tangs to cause that much damage. More then likely he scraped himself on a rock, or was pursued into a rock. If he is sick, then there is a possibility the tang might have caused it, but if he was healthy highly doubt it.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but this tang has shown aggression more then once. It may not be Corning the wrasse. But the personality of wrasse has changed dramatically since I got the purple tang. I have caught the tang chasing it. I would rather be safe then sorry. Besides I do plan to add a few more fish. And if he is this aggressive to the fish before him. I can only imagine he will get worse with new fish. I just hope he makes it. I am very attached to this wrasse.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so update time. My wrasse is looking better today the gash is not longer dark looking. It is looking more like his skin color. Basically a messed up looking version his pattern. But it dose look better. He is still eating like a pig. Him and my Kole tang do seem to be skittish still. As for the purple tang. He is being rehomed to a 360 gallon display at my lfs.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give an update for anyone else with and issue like this.

First thing was I removed the fish that I believe the culprit of the injury, he is fat and happy at a the lfs been there for several weeks now. And he is still aggressive. They have tried to put other fish in his tank with bad results now he has his own tank.

As for my wrasse. He is 110% healed and becoming very social again!!
I fed him lots of food, I mean lots of food soaked in silcon. Durning the weekend and days I was home I feed like 5 small meals a day. Increased bi weekly water changes to weekly to help remove all the food. All fish have amazing color and there is peace in tank once again. Thanks to all that helped.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 92 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back