Large mature gold nugget clown pairing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Payson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Payson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2016
Messages
134
Reaction score
46
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i recently picked up a large (about 3-4inche ) beautiful mature female gold nugget clown. I want to pair her with a lighting maroon. I have put her in my revamped tank(after two months in cycling finalling getting the OK to bring her home). She is currently alone with 2 snails in a 25g. My question is on the timing I should introduce the male? She has been in the tank now for 3 days and is eating and exploring! (YAY!!!) Should I attempt to pair ASAP while she is still new to the tank? Or should I wait untill later down the line when I can add nems in a month or two? Also any opions on size? Should I just get a juvie and hope she doesnt kill it or see if I can find someones evicted or widowed male? Thanks for the read and any advice! Pics of the pretty girl to come!(she has claimed a cave and dug it out, any time she ventures out she ducks back in if I get within 8 feet of the tank with a camera)
 
Try to find one smaller than you have now and use an acclimation box.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new