OP
R

Reedc200177

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stupidly didn't measure it right after the change, so I'm not sure. I'm currently using red sea blue bucket but I'm open to changing if need be

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not take it to the local fish store because then when you bring it back you will need a 76 day fallow as you will have no idea whats in the fish stores water like ick, velvet, flukes?

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why change? Just keep it stable. It’s in a good spot. I run my alk 8-8.5. Dose like 1oz Bionic a day to keep it there. Use a good reef calculator to see what u need
To keep it at the desired lvls

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I measured alk at 8.9 on Saturday, did a water change Sunday, and today it was 7.7.

Stupid question, but does it mean anything when polyps are out on some branches and parts of the coral but not others?
I hope you don't take offense to my question, but did you happen to use a different test kit the second time you measured alk?
Regardless, if it's doing better now than when the all was higher, then I don't think the drop hurt it.

Glad it's perking up. As for the uneven polyp extension, it might be due to the flow.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt sick to my stomach when I saw this on my gulf live rock shipment because I figure there's no way I'm going to be able to keep this alive.

Does anyone know what this coral is and whether I have any chance of saving it?

20220222_150320.jpg
Super find, congratulations!

OP
OP
R

Reedc200177

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you don't take offense to my question, but did you happen to use a different test kit the second time you measured alk?
Regardless, if it's doing better now than when the all was higher, then I don't think the drop hurt it.

Glad it's perking up. As for the uneven polyp extension, it might be due to the flow.

No offense taken, yeah same test. Read 7.7 alk again tonight, magnesium holding at 1200.

It definitely looks better...but still only clusters of polyps opening over the whole thing today, with closed patches. New development since yesterday. Does not appear to be bleaching or anything

OP
OP
R

Reedc200177

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well so alk down to 6.0 big drop in 24 hrs. What can I do to stop this and what's causing it? Calcium went up to 450 but mg holding at 1200

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back