Large Pizza looking soft coral Id Help

Cmstansbury

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Aliso Viejo
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this hitch hiker come in a while back. It started off around the size of a pea on a small rock, it grew to about 2 inches then moved off the rock onto the sand. Another one started growing on the rock where the original one was and did the same. Now I have four of them with the largest being four inches. I've looked around but cannot find anything on it. At first I thought it was some kind of carpet anemone but they don't have the big month in the middle. Any help would be appreciated.
20210926_113242.jpg
 
Interesting. Kinda looks like a weird mushroom? It moving around points to it being an anemone or corallimorph, not a proper coral.
 
Thanks for the quick response and pointing me in the right direction. Looks like the mystery has been solved. Now time for some pizza!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new