Large volume protein skimmer advice

operationtidalwave

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Holstein, IA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a skimmer that can handle a 1000-1500 gallon propagation setup. Does anyone have any recommendations or know of a site that sells skimmers that big? I've been looking at RK2 skimmers but haven't had much luck in my search for alternatives. Thanks!
 
I would stay away from the solar components skimmers. I was just working on one earlier in the day and to say the least I'm not a big fan of them. I would look at the mrc skimmers,saw them at macna last year and they were nice. Great build quality and some cool features such as automatic collection cup cleanings that you can set on a schedule. Also reach out to reef octopus, they make commercial size skimmers as well. You can also look at the line of commercial skimmers from skimz. Also nice quality skimmers.
 
Reef Octopus makes a SRO8000, but its only up to 1300g tanks, you may look at that one, and see if it fits, I just thought it was a bit under rated for your needs.
 
Ok thanks for the feedback. Every time I try googling for big skimmers 99% of the links go to walmart.com for some skimmer run by an air stone and stuff like that.
 
talk to steve at bashsea - he will custom size a skimmer for your system needs. excellent company. awesome skimmers.

cheers,
ben
 
I have a 1400 gallon system, that is fully stocked and a frag grow out system attached with 6 to 8 fish in it. My DT has approx 40 fish with about 8 different tangs. I agree the ASM skimmer is IMO the best (for me). I am running the ASM G5X. For a little over a year now and am VERY happy. Just my Opinion ...Good Luck!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new