Large White Tail Tang and 2 Small Yellow Tangs in Same Tank?

BobbyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has experience introducing a large White Tail Bristletooth tang (5-6 inches) in with smaller yellow tangs (3-4inches). My tank is 135g 4ft long mixed reef. The yellow tangs are doing fine together but my concern is adding the larger tang and it destroying the small yellows.. Is it worth the risk? Should I try and rehome the large WTT and find a small WTT to add later? Are large Britstletooth tangs aggressive towards Yellow/Purple/Gem shaped tangs? The WTT is currently in QT and my plan is to introduce it before lights out and with an acclimation box. I will also add 3-4 nori clip stations around the tank to help mitigate food aggression. I might move some rock work and I have a mirror on hand if needed... Any tang experts out there with experience is mixing tangs that can help? Thanks

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you introduce the Bristle tooth last then you will be fine. I have an Atlantic blue tang with a sailfin and purple tang in a 4ft tank, and they don't fight each other. Just make sure to always feed a decent amount of nori to lower any aggression.

OP
OP
BobbyJ

BobbyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you introduce the Bristle tooth last then you will be fine. I have an Atlantic blue tang with a sailfin and purple tang in a 4ft tank, and they don't fight each other. Just make sure to always feed a decent amount of nori to lower any aggression.
That’s good news. The WTT is the last tang going in. It’s also calmed down a lot the last couple days in qt. Thanks for your help!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back