Larger Return pipe size???

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm in the middle of a new built and I might have screwed up

I was planning to use a Vectea L2 as a return pump and I THOUGHT that the output for the pump was 1 1/2 so I bought everything that size...
Well when I'm almost done setting up all the pipes, when I'm checking the height of the pump that's when I realized that the output of the pump is only 1 1/4.

Could I just put a reducer from the pipe to the pump so I can use the existing 1 1/2 pipe or it will not work? Will it burn out the pump?

Last edited:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm in the middle of a new built and I might have screwed up

I was planning to use a Vectea L2 as a return pump and I THOUGHT that the output for the pump was 1 1/2 so I bought everything that size...
Well when I'm almost done setting up all the pipes and I'm checking the height of the pump when I realized that the output of the pump is only 1 1/4.

Could I just put a reducer from the pipe to the pump so I can use the existing 1 1/12 pipe or it will not work? Will it burn out the pump?
No problem! :) Go ahead with the reducer! The pump comes with a variety of spigots as well; you will not damage your new shiny pump with 1/4 of an ".

OP
OP
Reefer_kano

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! :) Go ahead with the reducer! The pump comes with a variety of spigots as well; you will not damage your new shiny pump with 1/4 of an ".
Ok that sounds good
It not a brand new shiny pump but it's been good so far in my current set up lol

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that sounds good
It not a brand new shiny pump but it's been good so far in my current set up lol
Doesn't matter! Brand new- or not ; i just assumed! :) Either way, you will be just fine! On you go- and show us some pictures of your masterpiece once completed!

OP
OP
Reefer_kano

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't matter! Brand new- or not ; i just assumed! :) Either way, you will be just fine! On you go- and show us some pictures of your masterpiece once completed!
Lol no problem
Yea, I've been taking pics as I go so I can just make one big post when I get it up and running.
Thank you for the help

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no problem
Yea, I've been taking pics as I go so I can just make one big post when I get it up and running.
Thank you for the help
Youre Welcome GIF by BayWa AG

SpursFan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slightly larger piping creates less pressure so you'll get slightly more flow than if you would have used a 1.25 so zero issues.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back