Laser, I only caught onto this build thanks to a post on Facebook, I've been a "lurker" on r2r but only signed up this evening purely to view your pics and am totally blown away with what I've seen, such an amazingly fantastic build! I used to keep a marine set up for around ten years before stopping back in '94. I've only come back into it again over the last three years and much has changed, from when I used to use undergravel filtration with powerheads and external cannister filter pumps to the sump systems commonly used now which I have found to be be far more successful and enjoyable.
It took a while to get the hang of the new style of tank set ups and once or twice I wondered if coming back into the hobby was the right thing to do. But all clicked one day and things really got going well, I now proudly own and maintain a 1250litre (approx 330 US gallons) tank comprising of fish and coral. Seeing your build, watching through the entire build has only re-established what I believe and that I made the right decision. There is a thread somewhere that asks who has inspired them to start the hobby - well you have inspired me to keep going, though I'll never be able have a larger set up than I have now, my wife isn't quite as into the hobby as yours clearly is!
I salute you Laser and thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your build with us, it is truly magnificent!