OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Finally started moving corals into the display. All are doing well. I have a large clean up crew order that will be here to take on the new tank dinos! All coming together nicely. I have finished the plumbing on the water change station and will get the RODI hooked up and start making water. Still need to finalize the top off container.

gramps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser that is one superb build sir and i dare say most of us would love to do the same thing but until then we will all have to just look on in stunned silence and awe.

:bolt:

Frattoniser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser, I only caught onto this build thanks to a post on Facebook, I've been a "lurker" on r2r but only signed up this evening purely to view your pics and am totally blown away with what I've seen, such an amazingly fantastic build! I used to keep a marine set up for around ten years before stopping back in '94. I've only come back into it again over the last three years and much has changed, from when I used to use undergravel filtration with powerheads and external cannister filter pumps to the sump systems commonly used now which I have found to be be far more successful and enjoyable.

It took a while to get the hang of the new style of tank set ups and once or twice I wondered if coming back into the hobby was the right thing to do. But all clicked one day and things really got going well, I now proudly own and maintain a 1250litre (approx 330 US gallons) tank comprising of fish and coral. Seeing your build, watching through the entire build has only re-established what I believe and that I made the right decision. There is a thread somewhere that asks who has inspired them to start the hobby - well you have inspired me to keep going, though I'll never be able have a larger set up than I have now, my wife isn't quite as into the hobby as yours clearly is!

I salute you Laser and thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your build with us, it is truly magnificent!

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup. Love how you can see the tank almost anywhere in the living area. Awesomeness

Arn@ldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the clean organized and so well planed set up you have. the wood work is outstanding to! I enjoy the whole reading!!! subscribing

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that looks like it was built there from day one.
What are you planning on covering the back glass with?
U thinking something removable or what?
What u could do is build a false wall about 3 feet behind the tank and only tall as the tank. Paint it white or blue or black and that way you can see it from the garage, but from the house it has a backdrop.

What were you thinking?

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that looks like it was built there from day one.
What are you planning on covering the back glass with?
U thinking something removable or what?
What u could do is build a false wall about 3 feet behind the tank and only tall as the tank. Paint it white or blue or black and that way you can see it from the garage, but from the house it has a backdrop.

What were you thinking?
Planning a sort of old time projector screen pulldown type screen but will have come out sideways and be able to attach to other side and easily remove for cleaning or work.. In addition I am trying to incorporate a lighting scheme that will shine directly on the screen and give different looks. Similar to a shadow type box but large scale..

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser, I only caught onto this build thanks to a post on Facebook, I've been a "lurker" on r2r but only signed up this evening purely to view your pics and am totally blown away with what I've seen, such an amazingly fantastic build! I used to keep a marine set up for around ten years before stopping back in '94. I've only come back into it again over the last three years and much has changed, from when I used to use undergravel filtration with powerheads and external cannister filter pumps to the sump systems commonly used now which I have found to be be far more successful and enjoyable.

It took a while to get the hang of the new style of tank set ups and once or twice I wondered if coming back into the hobby was the right thing to do. But all clicked one day and things really got going well, I now proudly own and maintain a 1250litre (approx 330 US gallons) tank comprising of fish and coral. Seeing your build, watching through the entire build has only re-established what I believe and that I made the right decision. There is a thread somewhere that asks who has inspired them to start the hobby - well you have inspired me to keep going, though I'll never be able have a larger set up than I have now, my wife isn't quite as into the hobby as yours clearly is!

I salute you Laser and thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your build with us, it is truly magnificent!

WOW!!! What a comment to hear!! That really makes me feel good about sharing this build and now must continue to update for sure..:tea:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back