OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black sheets were used for temporary background so garage door cannot be seen from living room:bigsmile:
I was planning this just temporary until I could put together some type of shadow box but the effect is pretty close to what I was wanting anyway. Notice the back of tank reflection of the reef in front and how dark it is. Already looks like shadows in the distance and gives the reef a nice depth feeling since it is only 4 foot wide.

Attachments

• backgroundinstalled.jpg
    backgroundinstalled.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,020
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was finally able to address the top off issue. I installed a 50 gallon reservoir with bulkhead at bottom plumbed to RO tubing. I then have the container elevated where it gravity feeds the float valve in the sump when water needed. No more picking up 5 gallons of water at a time!!! :rip::rip:

Attachments

• topoff2.jpg
    topoff2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 947
  • topoff3.jpg
    topoff3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 928
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next I will be connecting a bulkhead to the top of the 50gal container and it will gravity feed the original 300 gallon RODI container by bulkhead at top of that container. This will allow me to run a pump from 300 RODI to the 50gal topoff reservoir every morning for 5 minutes or so. All excess that the container cannot handle will then go back into original 300 if full. This eliminates the 50gal reservoir from overflowing WHEN the pump sticks and no floods.. Hope this is somewhat clear. :hat:

Attachments

• topoff1.jpg
    topoff1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 934
  • topoffvalve.jpg
    topoffvalve.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 929
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my fish that had been in QT with a LFS. I will post some pics as soon as Melev gets them back to me from his photo shoot the other night.
Tangs, Wrasses, Chromis, etc..

Attachments

• newfisharrive.jpg
    newfisharrive.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 927
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fts. This is the first of many shots that Melev took when he came over for a tour hopefully he will get the others to me soon.

Attachments

• 1000g-lance.jpg
    1000g-lance.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 975
Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My gosh that is massive!!

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shirt ruining the aesthetics of the tank.

I am actually a Texas Tech grad and travel quite a bit. In my travels I tend to "blend" in a bit more with the local out of state teams. I am a huge Cowboys fan ( stop the bashing before it starts) and wear a Steelers sweatshirt in Pa. sad but true :)

Anything for a sale sir!!

NC2WA

Angelfish Whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with the Steelers.

a big Steelers fan here...

made2rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually a Texas Tech grad and travel quite a bit. In my travels I tend to "blend" in a bit more with the local out of state teams. I am a huge Cowboys fan ( stop the bashing before it starts) and wear a Steelers sweatshirt in Pa. sad but true :)

Anything for a sale sir!!

Note to self..... Cowboys fan...... At least he has a nice tank

Joe -- Born and raised in Buffalo and for some reason (not sure why) I am a bills fan.

Life is too short to get seriously worked up over this stuff but it is fun to run with it

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top off/water change plumbing has been completed. I added a little giant external pump to be able to pump from 300 gallon ro reservoir into the 55gal RO topoff. As you can see the 55 gal is slightly higer output than the far left 300gal RO and will allow drainage if pump sticks. This is accomplished by the 1 inch bulkhead on the 55 connecting to the 300gal through another 1" bulkhead.

Attachments

• topoffplumb.jpg
    topoffplumb.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 832
  • topoffrespump.jpg
    topoffrespump.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 823
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last plumbing to do will include the Masterflex constant run perilistic pump. This will supply the Deltec Kalk Stirrer and run at night time when and if calcium levels become difficult to maintain with the calcium reactor.:tongue:

Attachments

• kalkplumb.jpg
    kalkplumb.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 826
  • pumpmasterkalk.jpg
    pumpmasterkalk.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 836
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our new blue spot stingray has been introduced to the tank this afternoon. Welcome RAY RAY!!:wave::wave:

Attachments

• rayray1.jpg
    rayray1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 868
  • rayray2.jpg
    rayray2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 849
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more shots. Ray Ray has been in captivity for almost 2 years at our LFS. He has been eating well and doing well there. Ray Ray has already eaten his first meal after being in the tank for less than 30 minutes. Fish seem to know to stay away from him. The shrimp days are probably numbered. :help:

Attachments

• rayray3.jpg
    rayray3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 847
  • rayray4.jpg
    rayray4.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 846

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent the last couple of hours reading your build thread. Truly amazing and inspirational! What a phenomenal job you and all others involved have done in building this system. Really looking forward to seeing more pics and watching your progress. And as already stated hats off to your wife and family for their patience while the hole in your wall was repaired! Simply EPIC build Sir!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back