OP
F

Franki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you all for your feedback. So space is obviously a concern so i was thinking about getting a mandarin or a scooter blenny. It wouldnt bother the clowns, hes a bottom dweller but more active and clorful than gobys. What do you think?

rmoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many have mentioned, your bio load isn't really the issue, it's more about space for all the fish. Think of it as too many dogs put up in a pen together...eventually something isn't going to work out. I'd start thinking in the realm of inverts instead of fish. There are lots of cool crabs out there that you could add, and you may be able to get away with a sexy shrimp or two, which are my personal favorites. A tuxedo urchin could also be a cool addition.

Why not add some flowing coral? Euphyllia, bubble tips, etc.? That'll add color and movement that you're looking at without causing a stressful tank environment.

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you all for your feedback. So space is obviously a concern so i was thinking about getting a mandarin or a scooter blenny. It wouldnt bother the clowns, hes a bottom dweller but more active and clorful than gobys. What do you think?
I think that would be a very bad idea, a 15g would not support either of these species without a lot of work and supplementary feeding which will impact your water quality in such a small volume, even then you will likely struggle to keep one alive. Not what you want to hear I'm sure but I agree with others that have said you are likely at capacity at this point.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neon goby... active and at least it is small so won't add a huge amount to the bioload. Otherwise cleaner shrimp are active.

I vote no to the mandarin, clowns/gobies tend to steal its food if you get it to eat frozen and they need to be fed frequently which would pollute the tank.

OP
OP
F

Franki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many have mentioned, your bio load isn't really the issue, it's more about space for all the fish. Think of it as too many dogs put up in a pen together...eventually something isn't going to work out. I'd start thinking in the realm of inverts instead of fish. There are lots of cool crabs out there that you could add, and you may be able to get away with a sexy shrimp or two, which are my personal favorites. A tuxedo urchin could also be a cool addition.

Why not add some flowing coral? Euphyllia, bubble tips, etc.? That'll add color and movement that you're looking at without causing a stressful tank environment.
Thx yh im going to get some corals anyways. Guess ill just add smthg else instead of a fish. Ill pass on the tuxedo urchin, last time i had one it killed most of my frags.

OP
OP
F

Franki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be a very bad idea, a 15g would not support either of these species without a lot of work and supplementary feeding which will impact your water quality in such a small volume, even then you will likely struggle to keep one alive. Not what you want to hear I'm sure but I agree with others that have said you are likely at capacity at this point.
Oh ok, didnt think about it that way, tanks. Ill probably add a shrimp or a crab.

OP
OP
F

Franki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neon goby... active and at least it is small so won't add a huge amount to the bioload. Otherwise cleaner shrimp are active.

I vote no to the mandarin, clowns/gobies tend to steal its food if you get it to eat frozen and they need to be fed frequently which would pollute the tank.
Yhea that is a nice choice, but i already have 2 gobys and they dont get allong very well so it might be risky adding a 3rd. They are not hostile constantly, but from time to time the bigger one tries smthg, still its way better now

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back