Last fish for Nuvo 20, Wrasse?

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations for last peaceful fish. I currently have Purple Firefish, Pink Streaked Wrasse and Yellow Watchman Goby.

I been looking at a few nano fish but the Possum Wrasse has really grown on me. Prefer the White banded or Tanaka vs the Yellow banded. Any issue you guys might think with two wrasse in a 20 gallon? There something about their personality/behavior/cryptic way I really like.

Also considered the Tailspot Blenny, Yellow Assessor, Randall Assessor but I will much prefer the wrasse if there are no issues of course.

Picture for reference

Whitebanded-Possum-Wrasse.jpg

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The possum wrasse is a pretty cool fish. One you might rarely see, as they stay in the background, not unlike the pink streak. The ones I have had are pod eaters, constantly on the search. I don't know if you will have enough pods in a 20 gallon tank to sustain one let alone two pod eaters.

I have a pink streak now and it seems to stay in one area of the tank. It eats added food but I could not ever get my possum to eat added foods.

Not the best pic. He jumped through the smallest hole in the lid.
pygmy wrasse.jpg

OP
OP
PR_nano

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. My Pink Streak Wrasse was shy at first but now spends most of the day out in the open. I would say he spends more time out that the firefish which bully him at one point. He eat everything now, frozen mysis, small pellets, and riot reef carnivore. I found two different brands of mysis one of which is smaller size and he enjoys that other one had larger mysis which he didn't go for.

He also spends a good amount picking at rocks which could be an issue since both enjoy pods but since that is not the only food source it might work...

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get a Mandarin onto frozen, and are willing to either stock the tank with pods once every month or two or to grow them on your own.
There are plenty of fish you can get!

OP
OP
PR_nano

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, while I do like the Mandarin I believe they would be too difficult to keep in a 20 even without the PSW. Their diet mainly pods and requirement to keep eating as they can't hold food discourage me from looking more into them. My gf really likes the red scooter blenny, maybe when we move and set a larger reef I would reconsider. I believe the Possum would be a better fit I just don't know if there might be any issue with both in a 20.

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, while I do like the Mandarin I believe they would be too difficult to keep in a 20 even without the PSW. Their diet mainly pods and requirement to keep eating as they can't hold food discourage me from looking more into them. My gf really likes the red scooter blenny, maybe when we move and set a larger reef I would reconsider. I believe the Possum would be a better fit I just don't know if there might be any issue with both in a 20.
I understand. I have a Ruby Mandarin in my 30 gallon. I also have a leopard wrasse (who eats pods). I’ll tell you man- if you want one it’s dooable. You just need to be patient and make sure you see one eat at your lfs

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back