Last macro photos from 5mp dslr

reefguyty

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
67
Reaction score
49
Location
Ventura
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been learning to shoot macro photos on a 5 megapixel dslr (nikon d40) over the past 6 months or so. I was pretty impressed with the quality I could get on such an outdated camera. I finally felt it was time to upgrade to a better camera. Here are some of my favorite shots from the old d40.



bonzai stacked.jpg



DSC_0002.jpg



DSC_0003.jpg



cyphastrea.jpg
 
Nice shots! What lens are you shooting with?
 
Very nice! Further proves my point that you don't need the latest and greatest rig for awesome shots, just a quality lens goes a long way.
 
Very nice! Further proves my point that you don't need the latest and greatest rig for awesome shots, just a quality lens goes a long way.

I definitely agree! This was my first lens that wasn't a kit lens. I was amazed at the difference between the two. There is a lot to learn just playing with the depth of field.

Beautiful photography. The red and green acan in your first post is gorgeous

Thank you! That red and green acan seems to be popular. The acan in your profile pic looks awesome.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new