Last time re-scaping my tank V3....

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought id try and track my re-scape properly this time. 3rd time starting again, each scape has lasted about 1.5 years before it's full or im bored of it but this time i have nearly 4 years of experience and alot of coral to start with, so i plan out where corals will go and built a scape that will allow for large colonies. The plan is to cut frag off my best colonies only and order them in colour and shape.
Scape is currently cycling in the garage for probably another 2 months. Still have a lot of corals to get rid of before i can drop in new scape.
Plan is to have 40-45 frags max.
20201114_074159.jpg
20201114_074216.jpg
20201114_074223.jpg

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought id try and track my re-scape properly this time. 3rd time starting again, each scape has lasted about 1.5 years before it's full or im bored of it but this time i have nearly 4 years of experience and alot of coral to start with, so i plan out where corals will go and built a scape that will allow for large colonies. The plan is to cut frag off my best colonies only and order them in colour and shape.
Scape is currently cycling in the garage for probably another 2 months. Still have a lot of corals to get rid of before i can drop in new scape.
Plan is to have 40-45 frags max.
Looks awesome!! I'll be following for sure!

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, i love that floating style as it allows a ton of flow underneath.
Thanks., still trying to figure out flow. Want to change it up as it always been from 1 side. Thinking of getting a sea sweep and mounting it to the wall on the "peninsula" side in the corner so i can get flow from both sides. Flow has worked for me for the last 2 scapes but i think corals will defiantly benefit from flow from both sides.
20201012_163620.jpg

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks., still trying to figure out flow. Want to change it up as it always been from 1 side. Thinking of getting a sea sweep and mounting it to the wall on the "peninsula" side in the corner so i can get flow from both sides. Flow has worked for me for the last 2 scapes but i think corals will defiantly benefit from flow from both sides.
20201012_163620.jpg
Agree flow from multiple side is a li ways better as you dont end up with dead spots under the wavemaker. I have 4 wavemakers in my 75G and I still have one dead spot where fish poop accumulates lol.

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice collection!! Can't wait to see this all come together. Please post progression pics - it's fun to see stages of it as it goes. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought id upgrade the sump while im at it. Sketched up this design, as i dont use a skimmer i just need 1 chamber for a reactor i have full of bio media. Overflow chamber will have some egg crate that i can put filter floss on so i can siphon detritus from tank onto. Apart from that all i need is a large fuge.
20201208_214806.jpg

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape is in. Im guessing ill have mad algae though. I checked the water of tank is was cycling and it was 124ppb which off the charts. Never got around to running gfo to pull out phosphates that probably where leaching out of the rocks or maybe it was
just the ammount of food i was feeding the damsels

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape is in. Im guessing ill have mad algae though. I checked the water of tank is was cycling and it was 124ppb which off the charts. Never got around to running gfo to pull out phosphates that probably where leaching out of the rocks or maybe it was
just the ammount of food i was feeding the damsels
Great looking scape!

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!! Looks like you just need to add a few dozen snails to keep it cleaned up.
I know you know what you're doing, so you don't need my advise. However when I recently started up a new tank like what you're doing, I dosed VSV aggressively for the first few weeks to get the P04/N03 under control. Since there was nothing in the tank like yours, it worked great to get everything in line nutrient wise. I just kept the dose high until the rock stopped leaching and the tank started to hold a stable low level. Then I backed off the dose to a really low level. HTH.

Great looking tank BTW - looking forward to seeing it grow in.

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!! Looks like you just need to add a few dozen snails to keep it cleaned up.
I know you know what you're doing, so you don't need my advise. However when I recently started up a new tank like what you're doing, I dosed VSV aggressively for the first few weeks to get the P04/N03 under control. Since there was nothing in the tank like yours, it worked great to get everything in line nutrient wise. I just kept the dose high until the rock stopped leaching and the tank started to hold a stable low level. Then I backed off the dose to a really low level. HTH.

Great looking tank BTW - looking forward to seeing it grow in.
Thanks. Yeah got alot of snails, ill be running phos resin for sure, i only just stopped using it to get phos under control so will just keep using it now to make sure it doesnt spike again. Its a bit of a pain though as you need re generate it. Might just get so rowaphos

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, looking great! I see that the CUC is in there doing it's job, and keeping things clean. This setup is going to be EPIC as it grows in! Great job on your "last" aquascape - it really might be, because this is going to be a masterpiece!!!;Wideyed:)

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, looking great! I see that the CUC is in there doing it's job, and keeping things clean. This setup is going to be EPIC as it grows in! Great job on your "last" aquascape - it really might be, because this is going to be a masterpiece!!!;Wideyed:)
Thanks, well thats the plan, all about colour being placed right this time. Im low on blue coral as there is no low ligts areas for deepwater blues i got and i have quite a few pink reds so its a challenge.

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little island i built to put frags on, want to try and minimize having ramdom frags in the tank this time plus will home a fish or 2

20210113_185058.jpg 20210113_185100.jpg

Back