Latex paint

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there R2R! Quick question. The room my tank is in will be gettting repainted in a few weeks with latex based paint. Is there anything special i need to do to tank? I was just planning on covering it with a sheet but do i need to tape it down to seal it off or is just covering it good enough. Walls will be sanded and painted. thanks!!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just cover to make sure no paint gets in the water or all over your equipment. No need to seal up the tank. Most latex paints are low or zero voc these days which makes them quite a bit more friendly

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just saw the sanding bit, you may want to make sure it's pretty sealed for that portion. Sanding drywall gets everywhere

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just cover to make sure no paint gets in the water or all over your equipment. No need to seal up the tank. Most latex paints are low or zero voc these days which makes them quite a bit more friendly
Thank you!! Sanding will only be in certain spots. If i do decide to just seal it, masking tape the sheet down should be okay when its done?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think so, a fan vented out a window will help take the dust away if possible. Just don't leave sealed for long

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with drywall dust is that it will stay airborne and settle for days. Make sure that you have extra filter socks on hand or filter floss and change it often over the next week or so. Same with your AC filters.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back