Lava Lamp Discoma Mushroom Split?

DonJuanAntwon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still new to reefing. Did my lava lamp diaconate mushroom split? Or did it sever its attachment point? I noticed that about 3-4 weeks ago my lava lamp mushroom moved from its original spot on the frag and left this “piece”. The piece left behind hasn’t really changed in size but it definitely getting more color. Is this another mushroom forming? Or the attachment remnant? Thanks!

4FCF366F-3771-4942-B7EC-849D0E1C3B85.jpeg FF706A2C-5AA0-4677-AE73-5D4F439B606B.jpeg

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I don't know, my largest one was about a quarter sized, and that's the "mother" of all the babies. When I transfered the rock it's on to my new tank it bleached, but it's recovering and regaining it's color. Still about quarter sized. Hasn't left any babies since it bleached. But the babies are slowly catching up, most are pea sized to almost dime sized. I would say when I bought the original, it was about dime sized, grew to quarter sized in about 2 months, but then the move happened and it's stagnant.

So maybe they get larger? It's a fighter though. To bleach so completely and still hang on, still takes food, great feeding response, and regaining color so I'm happy with it's will to live. Plus leaving little babies is pretty cool.

OP
OP
D

DonJuanAntwon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I don't know, my largest one was about a quarter sized, and that's the "mother" of all the babies. When I transfered the rock it's on to my new tank it bleached, but it's recovering and regaining it's color. Still about quarter sized. Hasn't left any babies since it bleached. But the babies are slowly catching up, most are pea sized to almost dime sized. I would say when I bought the original, it was about dime sized, grew to quarter sized in about 2 months, but then the move happened and it's stagnant.

So maybe they get larger? It's a fighter though. To bleach so completely and still hang on, still takes food, great feeding response, and regaining color so I'm happy with it's will to live. Plus leaving little babies is pretty cool.
Mushrooms are slowly becoming my favorite.

Back