Lawnmower Blenny and water temperature

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been consistently 78.2 F fore months after adding flow to the sump chamber my main heater is in.

However, lately while keeping our home at 72F instead of our usual 69, the equipment on my aquarium has been keeping the temp up, and when the lights are on full blast, the tank heats. Its been rising each day, and today I suspect it may peak at 80.8 F

My heaters have not turned on in mearly 3 days since it hasn't dropped back down to 78 for them to kick on.

Is this an issue for my blenny? He is the fish that likes the lowest temp in the tank, reportedly at 78 on the high end.

Also, this increase in temp didn't really start when we raised the house temp, so I am wondering if maybe the little bit of parcipitation I had might be making my reactor or return pump run a little warmer.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20221230_114236.jpg

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday it peaked at 80.42 right as the lights turned off, but the temp only dropped to 78.8 when the lights kicked on. This is why i suspect it may go higher, the low point the day prior when the lights came on was 78.4

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the ceiling fan on in the room. I had my wife turn the heat back down to 70 in the house so that should stop it from breaching into the 80s again. I figure 2 degrees cooler house, 2 degrees cooler tank.

Should I adjust my heaters down to 77? I thought 78 was the best spot, but maybe I should also take that down a notch, even though its not related to the current heating

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the ceiling fan on in the room. I had my wife turn the heat back down to 70 in the house so that should stop it from breaching into the 80s again. I figure 2 degrees cooler house, 2 degrees cooler tank.

Should I adjust my heaters down to 77? I thought 78 was the best spot, but maybe I should also take that down a notch, even though its not related to the current heating
My thought was if it's getting to hot lower the temp. Cooler temp, it won't reach the higher temp.

A fan works too! :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back