Best temp for a reef?

Yea I run a Tunze fan for cooling and it keeps the tank at 78 when the room gets to 81 due to its location near a slider even with ac set at 74.
Its surprising how such a small fan can keep the system cooled.
This is one on my new ext 112. It is lit by a 400 watt halide and my 150 runs the same fan on an led system.
20260311_150252.jpg
That aquascaping!! LOL

In my big tank heyday, I ran the tank at 70° for some of the cooler water fish I had, and everything grew and thrived gangbusters.

That being said, hyperfixating on this minutia detail isnt the way. Be consistant. That will be way healthier than chasing a specific point.
 
That aquascaping!! LOL

In my big tank heyday, I ran the tank at 70° for some of the cooler water fish I had, and everything grew and thrived gangbusters.

That being said, hyperfixating on this minutia detail isnt the way. Be consistant. That will be way healthier than chasing a specific point.
The system is only 3 weeks old. It will be a growout system so no scape just the rock for biological needs. I just put in 7 test frags.
Halide is not on yet so its only under 2 edge 14K bars.
20260318_113447.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new