Lawnmower blenny attacking .

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, does anybody else have an issue with there lawnmower blenny attacking zombie snails . Mine stalks them and violently attacks them if they come out while the lights are on . Any other snail is left alone. I can get a video of needed .

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lawnmower blenny absolutely punts them across the 4ft tank when they get near his home. Only the nessarius, nothing else.

He even looks angry when they get in range.

Its funny, the snails do not seem to care, but he doesn't do anything more than push them

It was imidiate on his introduction into the tank, like its some sort of instinct. I don't get it because they don't even eat the same detritis, or so i thought at the time, they are both fans of TDO pellets.

OP
OP
I never finish anythi

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A video would be awesome, I’ve never had this happen personally and I keep lawnmowers and nassarius in the same tank. Is he doing damage or do they get away?
I will get a vid of it this weekend. The blenny has killed one snail . I'm in the process of getting all my sand out of the tank and I will be removing the snails .

vaguelyreeflike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get a vid of it this weekend. The blenny has killed one snail . I'm in the process of getting all my sand out of the tank and I will be removing the snails .
If you have the ability to look at the underside of the tank (most stands cover the bottom) you can usually see the nassarius snail foot on the bottom of the glass where they’re sitting. Super easy to find that way as well. This is super strange I’ve never heard of them doing that

OP
OP
I never finish anythi

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the ability to look at the underside of the tank (most stands cover the bottom) you can usually see the nassarius snail foot on the bottom of the glass where they’re sitting. Super easy to find that way as well. This is super strange I’ve never heard of them doing that
It is strange behaviour for sure .

I will get a video asap and post it to show you .

He actually will keep a close eye on the snails if they are out , and if it comes out of its shell instant attacking.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back