Lawnmower Blenny compatibility

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a little bit of hair algae popping up in my tank. I wanted to see how effective a lawn mower blenny at removing it and if it is compatible with my tank. I have a 40 gallon C vue. My current fish are:
2 clown fish
2 neon goby
1 green Chromis
1 Aiptasia Eating Filefish
1 hector goby
1 Midas Blenny
1 six line wrasse

I want to see if it will get along with the inhabitants in tank and also help remove hair algae. Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the exception of the filefish (which I have no experience with), it should get along with all the other inhabitants. I've never been able to successfully keep one for longer than 6-8 months, but my tanks have always been sparse with algae so perhaps you'll have better success than I did.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a little bit of hair algae popping up in my tank. I wanted to see how effective a lawn mower blenny at removing it and if it is compatible with my tank. I have a 40 gallon C vue. My current fish are:
2 clown fish
2 neon goby
1 green Chromis
1 Aiptasia Eating Filefish
1 hector goby
1 Midas Blenny
1 six line wrasse

I want to see if it will get along with the inhabitants in tank and also help remove hair algae. Thanks
With a midas I’d have to say no.. the Midas blennies are highly aggressive to others 95% of the time. It usually only works if both blennies are added at the same time.

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all LMBs are interested in removing nuisance algae. If that's your primary goal, I would not add the fish.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back