Lawnmower blenny with tailspot blenny

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a tailspot to my tank a couple days ago and at first no issues however today I did see the lawnmower pushing the tailspot around a bit. I have a predator Hap tank (freshwater) so fish establishing a pecking order doesn’t bother me a bit but I’m just curious if anyone thinks I’ll have luck with these two figuring things out.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure as long as the tank is not too small and they have space.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have any barnacles?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not, how ever I’ve been reading were people use them
They really like them. You can even order on Amazon and get them super quick. They'll also perch up high on a mag float for a couple of days until you get barnacles. I'm guessing your lawnmower doesn't venture above the rock much?

OP
OP
R

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really like them. You can even order on Amazon and get them super quick. They'll also perch up high on a mag float for a couple of days until you get barnacles. I'm guessing your lawnmower doesn't venture above the rock much?
Nope, lawnmower stays in the rocks. Looks like so far he is keeping the tail spot pushed out of the rock and making him stay out on the substrate. I have not seen the tail spot really attempt to pitch on anything but I also do not keep the glass cleaner in the tank… maybe I’ll order a little barnacle pod glue some csyphastria to it and give the tail spot another home

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nope, lawnmower stays in the rocks. Looks like so far he is keeping the tail spot pushed out of the rock and making him stay out on the substrate. I have not seen the tail spot really attempt to pitch on anything but I also do not keep the glass cleaner in the tank… maybe I’ll order a little barnacle pod glue some csyphastria to it and give the tail spot another home
It would probably reduce stress a great deal to give him a barnacle

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 89 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back