Leaellynasaura's 135g reef/fish tank thread

Don't give up! It's not easy but a few hours can make a huge difference! =)
Still hanging on and I have a new Dory!

image001.jpg
ds2.png
 
Last edited:
I’m 4 hours into a power failure. About to go to bed. House temp currently at 65 F . Wish me luck.
 
It turned out the power went out at 8:40 pm and it was restored about 2:45 am which woke me up because all my lights are smart lights so they all turned on upon restoration of power. I turned on the return pump for about 15 minutes and the tank temp had only dropped from set point of 78 to about 68.2 so it was ok. I went to bed and it was all fine come morning.
 
Sad day. My power was out for 48 hours and I kept trying to stir the tank for oxygen and what not and thankfully the temp stayed where it should be the whole time, but this morning the fish were dead. Buried Dory and Nemo in back yard. My mom helped me clean it up. I think I’m done for now.


IMG_1595.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new