Leak into overflow box.

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update? I am having a similar issue with my new tank. From reading this thread I assumed that the water is trickling in around the interior overflow box connection to the exterior box. Not that your bulkheads were leaking.

I bought a Fiji cube overflow and I get a small trickle from the connection point. I am worried as my sump cannot handle draining the tank to the low point of bulkheads. Sorry to hijack

OP
OP
radav88

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update? I am having a similar issue with my new tank. From reading this thread I assumed that the water is trickling in around the interior overflow box connection to the exterior box. Not that your bulkheads were leaking.

I bought a Fiji cube overflow and I get a small trickle from the connection point. I am worried as my sump cannot handle draining the tank to the low point of bulkheads. Sorry to hijack

My leak was a slow drip from the bottom of the bulkhead into the overflow box. The fix was that I had to order my own gasket material and cut it to fit my hole perfectly. The gaskets that came with the overflow box were not great to be honest. But once I cut my own I didn't have a problem.

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused as to how the gaskets were causing a leak into the exterior overflow box? If it was the gaskets wouldn’t the drip have been running down the back of the tank?

OP
OP
radav88

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused as to how the gaskets were causing a leak into the exterior overflow box? If it was the gaskets wouldn’t the drip have been running down the back of the tank?
Because the leak was so slow the water was following the threads of the bulkhead and dripping at the end.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back