Leak test on palate?

PookieGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Waterbox,

I recently received my new 135.4. The crate came apart during shipping. I have seen a couple of reportable of this online, you may want to revisit the design. There is no obvious damage but i wanted to perform a leak test. I am not planning on actually setting up the aquarium until after a vacation later this summer.

Do you think i could fill the tank with water as it sits on the pallet?

Would you recommend that i move it to the floor?

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Waterbox,

I recently received my new 135.4. The crate came apart during shipping. I have seen a couple of reportable of this online, you may want to revisit the design. There is no obvious damage but i wanted to perform a leak test. I am not planning on actually setting up the aquarium until after a vacation later this summer.

Do you think i could fill the tank with water as it sits on the pallet?

Would you recommend that i move it to the floor?

We have some changes in place for shipping crates/pallets for future models. Sorry yours came apart in shipping, they are very well protected so fortunately it has not led to any issues with the aquariums. I would say you want to make sure the tank is on a fully level surface before leak testing so the pallet may not be your best bed. Floor that is level would be best.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back