Leaking Compression Fitting

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, on prime day I picked up a coral life pure flo RODI unit (50gpd). upon installing it I have found that it leaks from the outlet of the carbon filter which takes the pre-filtered water to to the RO membrane. it appears to be a compression fitting, I have tightened it as much as I can and even tried applying Teflon tape, still leaks pretty bad. any Ideas on what I can do?

I have contacted CoralLife and will post here if I hear back

Last edited:

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the sealing surface is not at the threads - so if anything, teflon tape can be a hindrance to a good seal on a compression fitting. Make sure you don't have more than about a wrap and a half, but you should not even need that.
These are pretty reliable, which is why they are used on inside supply lines like laundry and toilets. But sometimes they get over-tightened or are a little cocked when tightened and then won't be able to seal, or sometimes just a defect. I'd cut back the tubing and replace the fitting.

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the sealing surface is not at the threads - so if anything, teflon tape can be a hindrance to a good seal on a compression fitting. Make sure you don't have more than about a wrap and a half, but you should not even need that.
These are pretty reliable, which is why they are used on inside supply lines like laundry and toilets. But sometimes they get over-tightened or are a little cocked when tightened and then won't be able to seal, or sometimes just a defect. I'd cut back the tubing and replace the fitting.
yeah I put on one wrap as a hail Mary and it made no difference so I took it back off, I have no idea whats going on. I'm not even sure the fitting CAN be replaced... I've undone and redone it about 5 times trying to make sure it was threaded right...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back