Leaking Pvc connection to a bulk head, any possible solution?

Lps_enjoyer9000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a new tank recently, custom tank, and custom pvc job. The problem I am having is with my pvc to bulk head connection. I glued the pipe on but there was still a big leak. Then I cut the flow and dried it up, I applied silicone to the joint and left it to dry for 3 hours. Even after this it leaked. If anyone knows any sealant or tool useful for a problem like this please comment, thank you for your support

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you installed the PVC into the slip bulkhead fitting, did you apply cement to both ends, insert the PVC pipe and give it a twist? The twist at the end is very important when seating glued PVC parts to ensure a proper seal in order to avoid leaks.

OP
OP
L

Lps_enjoyer9000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not twist the glue, I did not do any smart precautions when I glued, however I have fixed the problem using superglue and silicone, simply layering it and looking for the leak locations. I tore of the failed glue and replaced it with precision. thank you guys for giving suggestions, i will use them on my next tank build!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not twist the glue, I did not do any smart precautions when I glued, however I have fixed the problem using superglue and silicone, simply layering it and looking for the leak locations. I tore of the failed glue and replaced it with precision. thank you guys for giving suggestions, i will use them on my next tank build!
Keep an eye on that spot down the road. It may develop a leak later on.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that Super Glue, doesn’t stay stuck to smooth plastic for very long.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bulk head fitting always leak. The seam on the sealing surface causes this. Sanding the seam down always works

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back