Leaky Bulkhead

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today during a water change I heard everyone reefer's worse noise....the water drip noise, after some very quick looking around, found it was water leaking from a bulkhead. I did attempt to tighten said bulkhead, but still getting a very slow drip. Thinking I might just replace the gasket/whole bulk head though my tank is full of water and fish. I am thinking gonna have to drain the area that the bulk head is in and replace it, though any other precautions or solutions that anyone can think of?

The drip is going back into the sump so not overly concerned about water damaging equipment or floor

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so, yes, drain your overflow chamber. For your piece of mind replace with a new bulkhead. The gasket obviously on the inside of the tank. Then do yourself a big favor, something so many don’t do!!! Silicone the flat side of the nut that screws onto the bulk head. The flat part that presses against the glass. Hand tighten, then with a wrench tweek it just a little past your hand tightened point. Like 1/8” little. Remember it’s plastic. Good luck!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back