Learned a harsh lesson on heater placement today

  • Thread starter Thread starter LanM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LanM

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
226
Reaction score
173
Location
Tonawanda NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning guys/gals,

Unfortunately this morning I learned a very harsh lesson about heater placement and I guess more importantly about making sure to remind myself to check equipment clearance gaps after cleaning.

I must have accidentally adjusted my heater just a little too close to the side wall of the tank after cleaning the glass, and this morning when I woke up my DaVinci clown had wedged himself in between the heater and the wall... which was his final destination.

I have to say that I do feel a significant amount of guilt, he was my favorite, a lot of personality in that fish.

I won't make that mistake again
 
Last edited:
Bummer... Sorry for your loss. Always stinks to lose a fish. Especially when its your Fav.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new