Learning and Growing Everyday....

220Gallon-Tim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, as I continue to grow in this hobby I'm constantly reminded to ask questions from the experts before I purchase. To make a long story short, I have an overflow of Asterias starfish in my tank. I'm estimating about 300+. I figured I would purchase a Harlequin shrimp to add beauty and take care of the starfish. I purchase one and he was rather small but felt he would grow with all the starfish in the tank. He went to work and for the first two days, he was front and center handling his business. After that, he vanished. I was thinking since he is so small that he may be hiding in the rocks. I then started to think about his tank mates and wondered if someone could have eaten him. Most of the fish in my tank are tangs and clownfish. I also have some small blue chromas as well. Yet, I realized that my squirrel fish has a bit of size on him. Yet while he was in the tank I did not see any aggression from this fish. I have one or two sizable hermit crabs but felt they would not harm him a well. Then I thought about the other shrimp I have in the tank. Cleaner and fire shrimp. No not them. Then I thought, DAM...... I have a Coral Banded Shrimp in the tank and I'm thinking could he be the culprit. At this point, I'm furious because $60.00 dollars just vanished from my tank. I'm asking what tank mates should be in this tank for the Harlequin shrimp to survive. I hope he is hiding somewhere but I think it a RAP for my newly added shrimp. Thoughts..... advice.....

Thanks,

220 Gallon

OP
OP

220Gallon-Tim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! You brought the gift of life just now! I went downstairs and he was in the top portion of the tank tucked into some rock work. All good!!!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back