Leather coral ID?

WhySoSeriousDory

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
236
Reaction score
181
Location
amsterdam
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this soft coral? About to remove it, grows too fast
IMG_5763.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Yup looks like cepit. to me
 
I wouldn't worry about that one.....the one thats lurking behind the rock will be your real nemesis....LOL
 
It is cespitularia. It is a nice looking coral, but be aware that it can be a fast grower with the ability to reach across a rock to attach to another.
 
Thanks everyone, and yea it started growing on glass overnight and I peeled it off I might put it on back right
IMG_5759.jpeg
 
I wouldn't worry about that one.....the one thats lurking behind the rock will be your real nemesis....LOL
lol yea but Kenya’s drop babies so I just throw them out. Only reason I have the Kenya is for nutrient export
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 4 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new