Leather coral looking sad

Well I am not going to turn this into a peeing contest just letting you know that my statement is not an opinion. An LFS employee was responsible for taking advantage of my ignorance which cost me 17 fish . Which is why I take advice from here and people that I know are competent. Did you measure the Par ? Just curious. I use a very low wattage light on my mushroom farm 😄. It only has 3 light spectrums. I am sure 50 Par is no big thing . If whatever You are doing works than who am I . As above though would like the answer to whether you measured . Its not easy to get accurate readings I have an apogee and did tot even think of the readings being effected by the screen on my lids in any great amount. I was wrong all my readings I took with no lid were lower by 15% with my mesh lids . I am now in the process of changing them all with more open plastic mesh that claims not to block the light . I am still making them and have not checked . Also surface disturbance gives you a huge spread. Tons of things that effect it. I did a map of my tank and would get a 20 % drop sometimes a few inches away from the last
Yeah, dont have a par meter. Just use estimation, lol. I have read a thread somewhere here where a person thought his estimations were right until he got a par meter and realised his estimations were very wrong,lol, cant quite remember who though. Seems like a par meter really is important, but i cant find an affordable one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new