Leather coral toxin

  • Thread starter Thread starter cweimer1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cweimer1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does cutting a leather coral in reef tanks make lps mad? Asking cause after I did I had a hammer coral brown jelly and had to cut it off the colony? Thanks
 
I see this is your first point. Welcome to r2r.

Yes, leather corals developed chemical warfare when placed to close to LPS sweeper tentacles. In your sceanario, you created the equivalent when you cut it.

I suggest partial water change and the use of activated carbon to remove toxic compounds.
 
I see this is your first point. Welcome to r2r.

Yes, leather corals developed chemical warfare when placed to close to LPS sweeper tentacles. In your sceanario, you created the equivalent when you cut it.

I suggest partial water change and the use of activated carbon to remove toxic compounds.
Thank you ! Much appreciated!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new