Leaving filter sock world, going filter pad and throwing away

I searched a few times did not find the best Bulk...I mean BULK type of filter pad. 850 gallon system. Will go through a lot !!

Thanks
I have bought it in the past from Aquatic experts. Not promising lowest price but decent
 
I searched a few times did not find the best Bulk...I mean BULK type of filter pad. 850 gallon system. Will go through a lot !!

Thanks

I think I saw a video that WWC was using some type of bulk material for their system but do not remember whose video it was.
 
Filter socks waste of time changed years ago to sponges still holding up after 4 years! sueeze them out weekly easy!
 
I threw away filter socks and now using media cups. I put filter floss in the cups and replace them easily. On the 120g, I just use the sponge foam in the baffles to catch the debris. Once a week, I just siphon out the sump
 
I threw away filter socks and now using media cups. I put filter floss in the cups and replace them easily. On the 120g, I just use the sponge foam in the baffles to catch the debris. Once a week, I just siphon out the sump
Can we not debate filter socks or no filter socks ? Looking for a source for bulk filter pad like WWC uses.
 
Go to Joanne's fabrics or.micheals. unless find what ur looking for their.
I am looking to do this and get the filter cup. I might put sponge in it. Idk.
D
I got 3 big bags of filter floss from petsmarts when they were on sale. Prob will last me for like 5 years lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new