Led’s For Four foot tank

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
1,346
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about doing a new tank. I’m thinking 48x24x24. The tank will be a mostly sps tank. I’m looking for suggestions of led lighting. I’m leaning towards AI, however I’m open to suggestions. How many led fixtures would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your advice.
 
I’m thinking about doing a new tank. I’m thinking 48x24x24. The tank will be a mostly sps tank. I’m looking for suggestions of led lighting. I’m leaning towards AI, however I’m open to suggestions. How many led fixtures would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Orphek Atlantik V4 is probably my dream LED. Everyone I know with it absolutely loves it and 1 fixture will be enough for 48x24x24.
 
Look at Orphek LED bars. I’ve added a sky blue & uv to my t5 and love ‘em. My plan is to eventually add a reef daylight to the mix and be all LED.
 
AI is a solid choice. I personally like the look of kessil. 4- A160 on goosenecks would look nice.
 
I’m thinking about doing a new tank. I’m thinking 48x24x24. The tank will be a mostly sps tank. I’m looking for suggestions of led lighting. I’m leaning towards AI, however I’m open to suggestions. How many led fixtures would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your advice.

My tank is 48x24x20 and i have 2 radion that seem to do the job
(Xr30 g4 pro).
 
I know many people who light their 4ft sps reefs with 2 AI hydras or Prime Hds. Maybe 3 for better coverage
 
I ran 5 hydra 26 over my 120 with great results. I do like orphek though. I wonder using kessil tank mounts if you could hang it with that.
 
Orphek has come out with a wall mount. They quoted me $125 which seems high. BRS told me they would look into getting them in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new