led fixtures vs DIY led

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im interested in jumping onboard with the new trend to have led lights. but wonder if its better to do diy or buy fixture. the tank is 48"x24"x30" and not set on have sps on sand bed but do want to be able to keep alot of sps if i choose too. has anybody who has led wish they have had done anything different? does anybody think waiting would pay off due the price dropping or glitches? And what kind of price should be looking at with this type of setup?
thanks
greg

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's based on what you feel like doing. I could never do a LED DIY, so I just bought a tank with LED's already. I would think if you did a good job, they would be the same. My corals have been doing great under them. My chalices are growing like crazy and my very browned out SPS are coloring up nicely and starting to grow again.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg there's a led forum try In there. If you like I got a fixture like luke33 and reefkoi on my 180.Your welcome ro come by and check them out sometime. They are both good fixture. Luke33 is much higher in par then reefkoi. already seeing growth and colors coming back on my sps.
Shoot me a pm when you get time bud.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back