Led guru question

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my LEDs that I got from rapid and it looks like one went bad on me .... All the others in the string are still going, any words of advice? Is this something I need to worry about. I've checked the temps constantly with no excessive . I've got fuses in place just in case but I don't really know what to do.

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you test it with 2 AA batteries? If you can do that you will be able to see if it is working or not.

OP
OP
R

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try that I'm gonna pull if of the mount when I get home and check everything I'm not going to run the lights today just to be one the safe side.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are wired in series and it didn't light up but all others did then it is bad. Be careful because whereyou had 12 at 3 watts a piece you now have 11 at 3.x watts a piece. You risk blowing the rest. Trust me, when they fail closed like that...not good. Had a bunch do that on mine.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so any ideas on how to remove thermal epoxy I'll order up some LEDs for Tuesday and I will disable the string of blues

boxer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so any ideas on how to remove thermal epoxy I'll order up some LEDs for Tuesday and I will disable the string of blues

use a razor blade to scrape off the old epoxy then hit it with some very light grit sand paper if the last bit is stubborn, Its just that if you bare down too hard with the razor blade you risk gouging lines in the heatsink.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check your wiring first i had a cpl led i had to resolder because the wire was touching something and making that LED not light up but after re-wiring they all work fine .. jiggle the wire a little bit see if it lights up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back