LED Lighting 84x24x24

Desgada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some good Leds that can grow sps in a 84x24x24 tank. Any recommendations are good, and budget isn't an issue as I will be taking time to establish the tank. If you could give me a few different options.

I am mainly asking because I have heard that some of the LEDS have an issue growing SPS at 24"

Also, I know that there are good T5 options but I'm asking specifically about LEDS atm. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The choices are puck and multi emitter array.

Radion and Orpheck are the two easiest highend examples Of each type. Either , with the correct wattage and number of units , will provide more than enough light.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Radion and Orpheck are the two easiest highend examples Of each type. Either , with the correct wattage and number of units , will provide more than enough light.

If I were setting up the OP's tank right now, I'd buy two Orphek Atlantiks and call it a day...

OP
OP
D

Desgada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry I know next to nothing about LEDS. Are you able to give me specific models?

Also do you think 2 x Kessil AP700 would be good for sps in my tank?

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I HAD to use led for an sps tank the Atlantic v4s are the only ones I would consider.

Definitely not those kessels and not 2 of anything on that size tank for SPS.

Per Orphek's website:

Two Atlantik v4 Units Covers SPS Aquariums Size of 79″ x 27,5″ / 200 x 70 (cm)

Realize that isn't 84" but they cover a lot more area than most fixtures...

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats true. Could always try 2 and see.

For me, with SPS I always err on the high side, with flow, skimmers and definitely lighting. Can always turn down if needed.

Have 2 V4’s on a 72 inch sps dominate tank and they are more than enough so think they would be fine for your situation.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I know next to nothing about LEDS. Are you able to give me specific models?

Also do you think 2 x Kessil AP700 would be good for sps in my tank?
I think it's best to look at the website of each brand.

Yes you could do 2 ap700
I'd go with probably three to four on that tank If money were no object. Only downfall (or benifit depending )to kessil is its not very fexable color wise If astetics and flexibility are important.

They are a puck style led. The more pucks the better. IMO. But many do use less.

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I role w a kessil ap700 and 2 Reefbright blue 72"ers. Love it. Insane combo for sure. Pricey but you said "budget not an issue". Check em out anyway. They blow everyone's mind who see them on my 750 XxL.

tgionet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do 2 AP700s with 2 360s and 2 36" aquaticlife t5 retrofits. Pure LED I'd probably do 6 AP700s or 3 AP700s with 2 72" ReefBrite XHO strips.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a SPS tank, I would double the number of units that a manufacturer tells you... some use even more. Orphek, AcroOptics and some of the high-powered wide panels are an exception to this. I think that most of them are liars to get the first purchase knowing that you will buy more when you need them... so be prepared so that you are not surprised.

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Kessil 700’s on 60 in. tank,abit of over kill, so 3 on a 84in tank would be fine. As far as growing sps, they will be as good as any others. Check BSR videos for their investigation of of all the aspects of the Kessil 700. It is the only unbiased site I know of.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back