LED lighting for 20 gallon long

  • Thread starter Thread starter khmer86
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

khmer86

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
Location
memphis, tn
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Fellow Reefer,

What is the best lighting options for 20 gallon long frag/coral quarantine tank? Budget is roughly ~$400. I have a reefbreeders photon v2 which I love and considering the 24" version for the frag tank. I plan on growing mostly SPS corals. I've considered Ai Prime, reefbright lumi lite pro. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated! Also, I prefer lighting that can be each color lighting individually controlled.

My current thought on purchasing is as follows unless someone can convince me with insights on why I should change my mind lol
1st = 24" reefbreeders photons v2
2nd = 2 ai prime
3rd = reef brite led lumi lite pro or the XHO version
 
I like the spread of the reef brites. They are a bit basic in function but total coverage is great for branching sps. The reef brite would ideally want to he mounted fairly high off the tank to avoid hotspots. Primes are fine but AI irritates me lol (I have had nothing but bad experiences with their products)
 
I like the spread of the reef brites. They are a bit basic in function but total coverage is great for branching sps. The reef brite would ideally want to he mounted fairly high off the tank to avoid hotspots. Primes are fine but AI irritates me lol (I have had nothing but bad experiences with their products)
Thanks for that info, only experience I have with Ai is their fuge light which I love but nothing on their reef lights. I agree that the reef brites are a bit basic but I like the controllability of each individual lights instead of low, med, high style.
 
Thanks for that info, only experience I have with Ai is their fuge light which I love but nothing on their reef lights. I agree that the reef brites are a bit basic but I like the controllability of each individual lights instead of low, med, high style.


My main issue with AI is lense melting if you run violet and UV at max for the day. I also had a power brick of their fail on me rather quickly. If I ever get another puck light I am going to get a kessil instead.
 
My main issue with AI is lense melting if you run violet and UV at max for the day. I also had a power brick of their fail on me rather quickly. If I ever get another puck light I am going to get a kessil instead.
Right! I like kessil but for price standpoint I rather go for the photons v2. My DT is 75g with 48" photons v2 with aquaticlife t5 and love it. Just wanted to see other options for frag tank capable of growing sps corals
 
Right! I like kessil but for price standpoint I rather go for the photons v2. My DT is 75g with 48" photons v2 with aquaticlife t5 and love it. Just wanted to see other options for frag tank capable of growing sps corals


There are some other lights such as noopsyche but I don't have experience or data on those. The BRD videos are helpful for a lot of brands but the numbers will obviously be slightly different on a 20 long.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new