Led lighting

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Thanks for reading

I currently have a 20 long reef. 30x12x12

I was going to upgrade to l.e.d lighting. I already own one ai prime. I just bought the aqua knight v2 to use with it. Do you think these two lights on my tank will be sufficient for sps? I'm eventually buying a 2nd aqua knight so that I have all 3 lights so I get even coverage. I've been reefing for quite a while now and I keep my water quality pristine. Currently I have a stylophora, rbta, hammers, one Acan and a Kenya tree and some Gsp. I eventually want to get some acroporas. Just wanted to make sure there's enough light. Currently I have a 4 bulb plant t5ho with ati reef spectrum bulbs and everything seems to be thriving and the color is fantastic.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aqua knights are on the lower end par wise I believe but might support lower light sps. The prime will grow anything

OP
OP
R

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my prime is the original prime. The non HD one. So it's only a 40 watt light. The aquaknight v2 is 36 watts. So it's pretty close. I know the ai is a much better light but it's way more money roo.
The aqua knights are on the lower end par wise I believe but might support lower light sps. The prime will grow anything

Ya my ai prime is the non hd one. So its only a 40 watt light. The aquaknight v2 is a 36 watt light. I was thinking on two aquaknight v2 (one on each side) and the Ai prime in the middle. My tank is only 12 inches deep so Im hoping its enough light for some higher need sps. I'll just have to take my time and try with low light ones first and then try small frags of the higher demanding ones.

I also have my 4 bulb t5. So far my stlyo and rbta are doing really well. My rbta is always nice and bubbly at half way up the tank

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my prime is the original prime. The non HD one. So it's only a 40 watt light. The aquaknight v2 is 36 watts. So it's pretty close. I know the ai is a much better light but it's way more money roo.

Ya my ai prime is the non hd one. So its only a 40 watt light. The aquaknight v2 is a 36 watt light. I was thinking on two aquaknight v2 (one on each side) and the Ai prime in the middle. My tank is only 12 inches deep so Im hoping its enough light for some higher need sps. I'll just have to take my time and try with low light ones first and then try small frags of the higher demanding ones.

I also have my 4 bulb t5. So far my stlyo and rbta are doing really well. My rbta is always nice and bubbly at half way up the tank
I've used the aqua knight but only on a fish only tank so I'm not a ton of help here. The real answer is that you need to rent a par meter. On the other hand you can't go wrong with those T5s

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back