Lighting question

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all, and happy Monday! So I have a question about coloration of lighting and intensity. My lights have a channel that is violet. What is a good percentage of this color for corals? Currently my lights are at 30% white, 2 different blues, both at 95%, and violet is at 15%. I am just curious if turning the violet up would be good or bad.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all, and happy Monday! So I have a question about coloration of lighting and intensity. My lights have a channel that is violet. What is a good percentage of this color for corals? Currently my lights are at 30% white, 2 different blues, both at 95%, and violet is at 15%. I am just curious if turning the violet up would be good or bad.
What are you trying to accomplish with your lighting? Is it looks or coral growth? Also what type of lights are those?

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to accomplish with your lighting? Is it looks or coral growth? Also what type of lights are those?
Good morning, and thank you for the reply. The lights are Hipargero 100 watt LED's. And mostly coral growth, but I do like the idea of enhancing appearance as well. I will not be having any SPS, mostly softies, but a few LPS.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you are suppose to keep blues and violet equal and raise uniformly to get correct par, then add in white and misc channels like red and green to adjust to the color spectrum you like to view the tank at

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you are suppose to keep blues and violet equal and raise uniformly to get correct par, then add in white lps and misc channels like red and green to adjust to the color spectrum you like to view the tank at
So this leads me to another question. Can I just raise the violet to where the blues are, or should I do that gradually?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back