LED lights for 8’ tank

Mvpemmitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into LED lighting options for a 8 foot tank that won’t require a small loan.

It’s been a while since I’ve looked at lights. Hoping there’s some new players in the game or new designs that wouldn’t require me to have 5/6 fixtures?

Corals would be mainly softies and maybe some hammers/frogspawn. No sticks or plates etc.

Thanks

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into LED lighting options for a 8 foot tank that won’t require a small loan.

It’s been a while since I’ve looked at lights. Hoping there’s some new players in the game or new designs that wouldn’t require me to have 5/6 fixtures?

Corals would be mainly softies and maybe some hammers/frogspawn. No sticks or plates etc.

Thanks
What are the rest of the tank dimensions?

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is all that you are going to keep look into the Kessil AP9X they are about $150 less then the Radions and i personally think a much better light, what ever color you want to set them at they will automatically dial in the correct spectrum, and if you ever decide you wanted to get some plates or SPS you will have plenty of intensity left to crank them up, they did a excellent job going through the metal halide / T5 look and the shimmer is excellent, you would only need three of them to meet your needs for what you want to do and would always have room in the future to add one more

OP
OP
M

Mvpemmitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is all that you are going to keep look into the Kessil AP9X they are about $150 less then the Radions and i personally think a much better light, what ever color you want to set them at they will automatically dial in the correct spectrum, and if you ever decide you wanted to get some plates or SPS you will have plenty of intensity left to crank them up, they did a excellent job going through the metal halide / T5 look and the shimmer is excellent, you would only need three of them to meet your needs for what you want to do and would always have room in the future to add one more
Thank you for recommendation. However 3 of them are close to $3,000.00

Those are definitely out of the budget. I don’t need any more power or flexibility as I will never get any sps or plates or any thing approaching that. Just too much work and to easily to lose everything quickly. Want low maintenance without worrying about all those variables.

Is there anything that would work for less than $1000.00? Even if I could start with say less fixtures to begin with and then add another or two later. Meaning maybe less coverage on the ends of the tank.

I currently have a few older AI light fixtures 3 hydra 52s non HD an 4 original OG hydras and bunch of sol blues. I was using them and they worked well until my director died on me.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into A8 Radion Clones on Aliexpress. You can get 3 or more for under or around 1k depending on the model you choose. There are several for you to pick.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 of the Noopsyche K7s would cover 8x2 well enough for LPS, Softies. They are usually less than 200 per light with the mounts. Powerful lights that function like an AI Hydra 32 with more power but a crappier App.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back