LED bar for supplementing

Joiningsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am considering adding a LED bar to help supplement the front portion of my tank as my main lights are hung over the back half of the tank roughly as that’s where my rockwork is. What I am looking for is some form of light with white and blue channels that can be controlled separately and dimmable if possible to help illuminate and bring out colors in corals and fish in the front portion of tank, not specifically for par increase. Tank is 48 inches wide so would be looking for a light that is at least 36 or so inches long.

Any other lights that fit what I am looking for besides AI blades and 21led?

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ReefBreeders Lumen Bar 24” to supplement. It’s good choice, even if you don’t run with ReefBreeder main lights
1712417617696.png

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek are highly recommended

OP
OP
J

Joiningsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lumibrite strips are great for what you are describing.
Thanks for another recommendation, will take a look!
I have a ReefBreeders Lumen Bar 24” to supplement. It’s good choice, even if you don’t run with ReefBreeder main lights
1712417617696.png
my main light is actually a V2 Pro, would you know if their light bars controllable with blue and whites separately
I love my OR3 bars! worth taking a look at IMO
I know they was the go to for a while, to my knowledge you couldn’t control the bars? Or am I incorrect? Really wanting to find one with white and blues controllable individually.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they was the go to for a while, to my knowledge you couldn’t control the bars? Or am I incorrect? Really wanting to find one with white and blues controllable individually.
This is where technology sucks. I bought my OR3 2 years ago and until then they had no control-ability.

Last year they came out with icon system to control the OR3, but it cost more than the light.

Now they have OR4 which includes the icon app built in. This is what I would go for today if I needed it.

OP
OP
J

Joiningsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where technology sucks. I bought my OR3 2 years ago and until then they had no control-ability.

Last year they came out with icon system to control the OR3, but it cost more than the light.

Now they have OR4 which includes the icon app built in. This is what I would go for today if I needed it.
Really appreciate the input, did a quick google search and not much on The OR4 yet, found a post or two. You may or may not know, with the icon app, I am curious if it controls the bar as a whole or would allow for “different channels” to be controlled.

Either may I could have them match and ramp up when my whites start to ramp up I guess!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
budget? ali express led bar
budget + quality? quanta reef led bar
other options? reef breeder led bar, orphek led bar, reef brite led bars

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for another recommendation, will take a look!

my main light is actually a V2 Pro, would you know if their light bars controllable with blue and whites separately

I think that they go into ramp up and down when set in a 24 hr mode. That what I use myself. The color scheme is Blue/UV on mine. Torches and Acros/Montis seem to like the extra juice

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am all about Reefbrite XHO. Running 4 on my display with Kessil’s. Not cheap, but well built and powerful. Growth is excellent

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back