Led mounts cause stress on glass?

TopClamSkoo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Messages
278
Reaction score
239
Location
KAREN BASS'S Dungeon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Y'all

Can led mounts cause stress on glass? Thinking about all that weight where it's mounted..
I got a uns 9gallon and wanna setup a kessil mount. Not the gooseneck.
The light will be a 160a.
The glass is 5mm thick.

What do you guys think?
 
I’ve always wondered this too, but I feel like if it were an issue you would hear about a lot of peoples tanks breaking from them.

I worried enough about it that I hung my lights from the ceiling instead. Which may not be practical in your case.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new