LED recommendation for a frag/QT tank?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,647
Reaction score
67,846
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm trying to decide what light to buy for my frag QT tank. I use radions over my tanks that are set up continually, but I hesitate to pay the radion price for a light that won't be used continually. I want something that will be quality and that will make the corals look good (since I'll have to be looking at them under this light until they move to the DT). I am thinking about using a Kessil, since I've heard awesome reviews. Reef Radiance also has a good light (reviews are good) at a good price.

Recommendations? Specific models? Btw, if you recommend a Kessil, please also recommend a color. :D
 
You talking about a frag tank setup or a frag swap setup like we were talking about before? You know my answer for the swap setup. But if your setting up a frag tank I would just leave it up permanently and use a radion. It will be easier to keep the corals all under the same circumstances and there won't be any type of acclamation needed when going from one system to another.
 
You talking about a frag tank setup or a frag swap setup like we were talking about before? You know my answer for the swap setup. But if your setting up a frag tank I would just leave it up permanently and use a radion. It will be easier to keep the corals all under the same circumstances and there won't be any type of acclamation needed when going from one system to another.

This question was actually about a coral QT setup to be used with new pieces which is probably the same thing I'd end up using occasionally for frag swaps, so it's basically what we were talking about before. I do want to set up a permanent frag tank (which would be more of propagation system than a QT), and I'd definitely use a radion over that one since I'd want to keep those frags under the same lighting that's in my display. ...I kind of think I'm complicating things probably.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new