LED to APEX difficulties...

GREEF stricken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A buddy and I have been workin on a 3 color LED build to for some actual fluorescent augmentation to my Halides. Pencils out as follows:

5'L X 2'W X 10"H. 3ea 250W DE MH fixtures at ends and in middle. 2ea canopy length 1-1/4" aluminum square stock for heatsinks with squirrel cage style blowers at one end of each for cooling front and back of canopy.

4ea ELN 60-48Ps

1 Running 15ea Cool blues(8 on front bar and 7 on back)
1 running 14ea UV's(7 front 7 back)
1 running 15 Royal Blues on front bar
1 running 15 Royal Blues on back bar.

Problem is this...have a VDM on this tank(2 systems, full apex on 90gal and expansion apex on 155g)which SHOULD give me 4 VSP's right? Well I have CB's and UV's on 2 of them, controlled, programmed and dialed...but despite the fact that the RB's Cat5 is plugged into second VDM port I have NO control over them. turn ALL four VSPs on in phone app and CB's & UV's come on as asked but the RB's stay on no matter what. Only way to get them to go off is to unplug their respective drivers. if I simply switch VDM ports with cat5's exact same situation except the CB and UV VSP's are then reversed but still no control of RB's...We spent a good 2 hrs lat night making sure what we believe should connected to what IS...heeeeellllp

GS

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure you're using the right pins? V1 is pins 3 & 4, and V2 is pins 7 & 8. Also note the wire colors you should be using:
WiringCat5PlugB.gif

Other than that, make sure you have good connections on the driver signal wires.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess as to problem as well what Hunter mentioned ^above^. Also I used the 'D' series MeanWell drivers not the 'P' for PWM control as the Apex is analogue controlled output.

Cheers, Todd

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back