Lemon damslefish

Baby Damsel 219

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how to care for these species of damselfish. What are the requirements, food, habits, and other needs

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how to care for these species of damselfish. What are the requirements, food, habits, and other needs
This is a double post. Someone will get to you. Just have patience. They need clean water, they like mysis and PE pellets. Their primary habit is fighting with everyone.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically all damsels are very easy to care for.

Generally, besides clowns and chromis, I never recommend any damsels outside of the genus Chrysiptera. Most damsels outside of that group are not good choices for our tanks, since they are some combo of big/mean/get ugly as they age. Pomacentrus (where the lemon belongs) has some species that aren't terrible, but I still would stay clear. I have not kept a lemon.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They change a little as they age. They are basically the other end of the yellow/blue spectrum from the azure damselfish, and a little blue can show up on the fins.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back