length of Cycle?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after moving my rock over to a new tank it seems that a cycle has started. How long can I expect it to last and is there anything I can do to help speed it along? I need to move my livestock over asap.
 
Nothing you can do for this mini cycle, they usually only last a few days, and don't harm anything. your rock is cured and will take care of the problem quickly.
 
I might have to do that, at this point its been about 5 days and my ammonia is still at about 2ppm.
 
Im moving my tank over and started with new water but put some live rock in there, how can I tell if its a mini cycle or a regular cycle?

A few crabs/snails made the trip LOL and there doing fine

Sorry to hi-jack the op thread
 
Im moving my tank over and started with new water but put some live rock in there, how can I tell if its a mini cycle or a regular cycle?

A few crabs/snails made the trip LOL and there doing fine

Sorry to hi-jack the op thread
haha fine by me, its a good question that I would not mind knowing the answer to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new