Leopard Wrasse transitioned over the holiday, can I add a female?

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much to my surprise when I got back home this morning, my hefty sized blue star leopard wrasse has transitioned about 80% of the way to a male. Honestly I like the female coloration a lot better so far, but instead of replacing it (as it's been a staple in my tank for a year now and eats really well) I figured it might be interesting to add another female. Would this be an issue in my 65? I'm not sure if there would be aggression issues. Would having a male leopard preclude me from getting a male of another leopard wrasse species? Thanks so much!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much to my surprise when I got back home this morning, my hefty sized blue star leopard wrasse has transitioned about 80% of the way to a male. Honestly I like the female coloration a lot better so far, but instead of replacing it (as it's been a staple in my tank for a year now and eats really well) I figured it might be interesting to add another female. Would this be an issue in my 65? I'm not sure if there would be aggression issues. Would having a male leopard preclude me from getting a male of another leopard wrasse species? Thanks so much!
Having a male leopard established will not allow for you to have any male leopards and isn’t likely to allow for other leopards (especially its own species). In all honesty, if you dislike the male colouring then your best bet is rehoming the male leopard and then getting different species of leopard(s) that you like the look of as males so it doesn’t matter which one transitions to male.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Star is an agressive species so I am not sure about adding females. However I added black Leopards and Meleagris Leopard females and juveniles in tank with Male Blackand male Meleagris with no problem. 320 gal tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back