Leptoseris corals bleaching/losing

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so all my perameters are in check and there was no changes except i moved the light upward and i also dimmed it and then these guys just started bleaching.

should i turn up the intensity because before i moved it up and dimmed it it was at 8 inches above water surface and100% on the prime to the full extension of the ai prime non bendable mount and to 80% intensity.

8FF35D4F-444F-4A85-876E-80209B979E4A.jpeg 44D0D7FD-CDD6-4BD2-A5F8-1E8FC4A5B0DA.jpeg

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you said that you have dimmed the lights, I’d suggest not moving them. Corals will take a while to recover from bleaching. Furthermore they may continue to deteriorate before recovering.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so leave them be
Right, i dont think trying to change their position in tank would do them any better. It would be better to wait and observe them. I never had leptos bleach on me but I have acros, so I would iust leave them be and hope for the best. 75% of the time they’ll make it.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, i dont think trying to change their position in tank would do them any better. It would be better to wait and observe them. I never had leptos bleach on me but I have acros, so I would iust leave them be and hope for the best. 75% of the time they’ll make it.
ok thanks for the help

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back